A historic opportunity to protect Georgia’s waters and lands.
Vote Yes on Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Amendment 1 - November 6th, 2018
Georgia’s economy and quality of life are directly tied to both the water quality of our rivers, lakes and streams and the availability and beauty of our outdoor spaces, wildlife habitats and parks.
This fall, we have a historic opportunity to pass the Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Amendment and protect our waters and lands by constitutionally dedicating a portion of the existing sales tax on outdoor sporting goods without raising any taxes or creating new fees.
Your vote YES for Amendment 1 in the 2018 General Election will:
- Protect clean drinking water and natural areas, beaches and wildlife for future generations
- Protect our land and water with no new taxes or fees
- Benefit the Georgia economy and create jobs
If passed, the Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Amendment will:
- Protect lands critical to clean drinking water and the quality of Georgia’s lakes, rivers and streams
- Support community efforts to build parks and trails
- Maintain and create new places to hunt and fish
- Support Georgia’s $27 billion outdoor recreation industry and the jobs created by it and other economic sectors that rely upon access to land and water
- Dedicate over $20 million annually that cannot be used for any other purpose and will be subject to strict accountability provisions, including full public disclosure of all expenditures
Vote Yes Amendment 1 - November 6, 2018